Wednesday 10 June 2020

Shadow Hearts PS2 Lets Play With Imbroglio Difficulty Mod Part 4 (Dalian)


Subscribe to my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnL95moNV6JKFXEJ-19A0w

So here is the forth part of my let's play of Shadow Hearts with the Imbroglio (difficulty) mod.
Link to the patch: here
The mod basically adjusts the stats of almost every enemy and boss in the game, making the game overall much tougher. Even random battles can feel like a boss at times, with mistakes or getting ambushed could be fatal.

My review of the Imbroglio mod for Dalian:
I really enjoyed the boss Yamaraja: Wind I used Tornado Fusion and B. Tortoise Fang plus Bronze Daggers items. Stuff I never really used normally. Boss fights prior with the mod main thing was to be extra cautious but now tactics are more heavily involved even with me using a fusion to take advantage of the boss's weakness which never really had to be done normally in game (unless if you are like blazing through the game) but here it is vital and I have the sense of that will happen even more with future boss fights. Other notes: exp felt a bit low in this area, it felt barely higher than
Fengtian, it felt strange because I have spent more time in other areas but here it felt like a lot of time just to level up by 2. Also exp for bosses remain the same where I would not really see the harm in getting a bit extra just to feel like you've earned it compared to normal enemies (even if the increase not is less than random enemies but just to make sure that you get more - granted here it has not happened but it will for sure in future areas.) I don't mean to sound critical because I absolutely love this mod as it brought a new spin to the game and fixes a few issues that the original game had. A few tweaks and I would not be surprised if someone just thought it was a tuff retail game.


Note:
A few people had asked what I use so here it is:
I use OBS Studio to record, Shotcut to edit (both of which are free software)
Emulators I use PCSX2 latest dev version with config from Zombeaver's github *Note I removed the no interlacing patch due to it causing flickering at the victory screen*
I also use attract mode with rocketlauncher so therefor I can load config per game which saves the hassle of having multiple of pcsx2 or having to change settings constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment