Wednesday 6 May 2020

Shadow Hearts Covenant On PCSX2, My Stance On Emulation, ConsoleClassics And Current Status On My Project

Shadow Hearts Covenant on PCSX2
For a good while despite the game being playable but it was never truly enjoyable due to the judgement ring glitch and to avoid that you would have to use software mode meaning you would not be able to upscale it. Apparently it was back in February that was fixed (I have tested and can confirm it works although 1/2 glitches remain during the judgement ring). You need to have enabled "Disable Safe Features" still takes a few other settings to ensure no other glitch like flickering cut scenes or a different kind of judgement ring glitch. After a couple of hours I was quite happy then I noticed two things. It does not show the correct character during the judgement ring but also enemies that you already defeated, sometimes I went through multiple battles with no issues then other times every move had this issue. I do intend on doing a lets play of the 3 shadow hearts games with the difficulty mods but I will start with the first and do it in order (originally I planned covenant as that was the first SH that I played due to the issues in Covenant). The first Shadow Hearts game works fantastic with what I have so now it is just testing to record as I have limited accessories and with being in lockdown even though I have lots of free time but I can't splash the cash for a mic webcam etc... So it is about what is the best that I can do.

Also let me know if any of you use software to capture footage on pc and if so which one. I used one to capture my project but will need to change to do let's play of SH.

Currently trying OBS Studio and I have a MSI headset, current issue I have is the sound is overpowering my voice (even when reducing the desktop audio in OBS) so I'm trying to find the right balance then I will start doing the lets plays we will see...

My stance on Emulation
I am working on a new blog called: https://emu-waffles.blogspot.com/
Note it is a work in progress but it will have emulators and configuration with attract mode so you grab what you need and enjoy. (Will not provide games)

Please note despite me talking a lot about emulation, I have all the Shadow Hearts games and Koudelka physically. I even have Shadow Hearts Covenant DX! For me emulation is about upscaling and making retro game nice to play today and keeping the consoles that I need to a minimum.
Seriously if I had kept all of the consoles I ever owned I would need a huge house!

Anyways if you do not have access to buy and play Shadow Hearts on ps2 then I would say download and play it because it is important to have more fans. Honestly I would even say that for every game even on newer hardware if the game did not came out in your region or had a limited run and is crazy expensive etc..

Always try to buy the game to support the developers but if it is impossible then go ahead and download it.

ConsoleClassics
So from before we knew there was a cancelled port of Koudelka on steam even if it used emulation still would have been nice and would have had achievements like their other games, Anyways back on topic: I have not heard back from them but I noticed something today, one of their announced games D which was originally a ps1 game was released on steam by Throwback a year later of ConsoleClassic announcement... Which continues to make CC even more confusing.

Current Status on my Project
My project, honestly I have not worked on it much recently partly due to I was returning home but also loosing a bit of motivation. I will do one more version which will demonstrate an extended scene in SH1 and the potential for branching paths and after that I will make a decision.
I am still looking for help for now people who can edit and fix the text and someone who can do character art. Contact me if your interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment