Wednesday 27 May 2020

Shadow Hearts PS2 Lets Play With Imbroglio Difficulty Mod Part 2 (Zhaoyang Village)



Subscribe to my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnL95moNV6JKFXEJ-19A0w

So here is the second part of my let's play of Shadow Hearts with the Imbroglio (difficulty) mod.
Link to the patch: here
The mod basically adjusts the stats of almost every enemy and boss in the game, making the game overall much tougher. Even random battles can feel like a boss at times, with mistakes or getting ambushed could be fatal.

My review of the Imbroglio mod for Zhaoyang Village:
This is were it started to get challenging the random battles were unwinnable with just Yuri and Alice, I have never been so glad to see Zhuzen. Even afterwards you have to be careful with constant healing. Zhuzen's skill Ogre Flamedance is a huge help here especially after leveling up a bit and then you can actually one shot a lot of monsters from the random encounters. One thing that was a bother was getting ambushed with back attacks, here it happened to me 4 times initially while grinding and I was outright killed every time where the monsters were going through 2 cycles and even started a third which felt cheap but once got closer to the recommended level for defeating the bosses here (level 9) I was able to survive getting ambushed and even win the fights. The bosses not a lot to say other than having to be very careful especially with Yamaraja (Earth) but again it felt fair.

For the most part the mod seems well balanced in the sense of it has to be possible to beat but getting ambushed so far has been a pain but of course I could have just been very unlucky too.

Final words
Stay tuned for updates will be uploading once a week with each section (no matter the length).

I have decided I will do various videos about the mod from a summary based on the entire experience like a review and then tips on each individual section including bosses. Timing for those to be decided but I may do like a week after completing Asia section do daily videos or something.
I really want to talk about the mod and even the series itself with my voice in videos but the lets play will remain no commentary. For reasons stated before but also I just wanted to relax and concentrate on playing the game with the mod, it has been crazy with the virus my life situation from not living at home for two months, and currently my work situation a bit all other place and not knowing where my life will be next month honestly I have been stressed so I felt doing recordings with live commentary was too challenging whereas if I pick out clips then do a voice over with notes then I can take as many tries as I want to compared to a live recording.

Thanks for watching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment