Wednesday 20 May 2020

Shadow Hearts PS2 Lets Play With Imbroglio Difficulty Mod Part 1 (Trans-Siberian Express/Plains)


Subscribe to my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnL95moNV6JKFXEJ-19A0w

So here is the first part of my let's play of Shadow Hearts with the Imbroglio (difficulty) mod.
Link to the patch: here
The mod basically adjusts the stats of almost every enemy and boss in the game, making the game overall much tougher. Even random battles can feel like a boss at times, with mistakes or getting ambushed could be fatal.
A few notes:
I will not be doing commentary it was a late decision which I explained an updated post here.
I am not using a guide but I do have a few notes and I have played the game a lot so I have decent memory of playing it. Will be aiming for the good ending as I want to beat Atman.

My review of the Imbroglio mod for Trans-Siberian Express and Plains:
It was good on the express even though it is hard to mess up but you can see a subtle difference which made it a good introduction (not a lot else to say since it is a short section.

Then the Plains it is the real start of this mod, it was challenging but it felt fair, to start you would be defending or curing a lot with Alice, odd time even reviving her but once you level up a bit its more manageable. You learn quickly that the main thing is you always have to stay on your toes a mistake can be costly at any point, that I learnt especially in the graveyard to get the fusion and to defeat the soul to clear the malice those fights were you had to be very careful and manage your hp well
I did actually get a game over once when I was ambushed (back attack) it was the first part of the mod which I did not like as I did not even get one attack I was killed out right in 2 of their turns! It felt cheap being honest. Overall it was a good challenge and it felt quite professionally done as it felt like it added an extra spice to the game which for me is very welcomed... (I may regret those words!)

Final words
Stay tuned for updates will be uploading once a week with each section (no matter the length).
I will most likely do a video review/summary of this mod where I will show unseen clips from my lets play and will talk about.

Thanks for watching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment