Wednesday 13 May 2020

Will be doing a let's play of Shadow Hearts 1 with the Imbroglio difficulty mod from next week onwards

To start off:

For the past couple weeks I have been configuring and testing.
I was heavily focusing on getting Covenant looking proper but sadly that has not been possible which I partly explained in my last week's post here but also that it seems random at times. First try almost went flawless right up to the first boss then only had a 1 time issue where it showed the wrong character during the judgement ring. But then another time it was almost once every battle including enemies that I already defeated. Then another time during a boss it showed a still of the previous battle. And lastly today when I was recording a test sample to upload it went weird where it showed the midway logo from the video when starting the game during the judgement ring. It is disappointing and honestly I have sort of given up on Covenant as it is too frustrating with the randomness of the issues.

Now onto more positive news I am ready to start my let's play of the first Shadow Hearts game soon.
I will be using a difficulty mod to add some extra spice to it.

Incase if anyone wants to try the difficulty mod please find it:
SHADOW HEARTS NTSC-U - IMBROGLIO V1.2

Other reasons for the delay was mentioned above but also I had controller issues with pcsx2 where the character was not running diagonally, managed to fix it by 1 Under Game Device APIs enable x-input and also disable the other options in that box 2. Adjusting the Dead Zone to 0.000 and the Sensitivity to 1.330.

Then also it was a matter of just testing my headset and what way to record footage and getting the right balance of which I am now quite happy with.

Lastly the previous week I talked about ConsoleClassics and the current status of my project and that I am preparing a site with preconfigured emulators and soon a front end to go with them.
So check out my last week's post: here

One final note remember to check back on this blog every Wednesday (Or Thursday depending on time zone / when I post during the day) for new posts as I may not post updates every week on various groups and forums.

Many thanks and stay tuned! :)

Update:
Plans have changed slightly
Originally I planned to have commentary but I have decided to scrap that in favor
of doing a lets play without it then once i beat shadow hearts i will do like a summary / review of the mod where i will talk then.
Made this choice for various reasons during initial tests the recording all went fine 0 issues.
When I started for real I made a blunder where it did not record my voice but theres more
then afterwards the recording software somehow got messed up and stopped working correctly despite not having changed settings or updated etc...
it was weird it was fine then it was not. so once i got that out of the way and finally got in the game i was frustrated where i wanted to just enjoy the game without thinking
but still recording of course. I felt it was the right choice as damn it is challenging at times with it being tight at the plains then zhaoyang villiage that was a nightmare.
i managed to get through it but still... I have gotten numerous game overs (mainly from zhaoyang village) where i lost progress a few occassions
also it is a long game where i will need to reach level 99 by the end
so i think overall that proved to be a right decision of not doing commentary
sorry for disappointing anyone but i still hope you all will enjoy my lets play and stay tuned to future content on my blog!
many thanks for reading!

Uploads will be per area. train/plains then zhaoyang village etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment